Wednesday, March 7, 2012

They're Off

Nicco and I took my parents to the airport this evening. They are on their way to Australia! When they get back, they will have visited six of the seven continents. I want to be like them when I grow up.

Nicco wanted to walk them to their gate, but we didn't park the car. He said, "This is breaking my heart!" My poor, sweet, tenderhearted boy. As we pulled onto the highway after saying our goodbyes, Nicco started to cry and said, "I just can't stop thinking about Grandma and Grandpa!" I love that he loves his family so much that it makes him cry to say goodbye.

When we got home, we were worn out. Nicco said, "When you don't go on vacation, it is tiring to drive to the airport. It's not so tiring if you get to ride on an airplane." I agree, four hours in the car is tiring. Especially without the promise of a vacation.

No comments: