Monday, March 12, 2012

Play Date Antics

Nicco's buddy came to our house after school. Car conversations are always fun with Jackson in the back seat. Jackson's family spent the weekend in Vegas because his big brother was a ball boy for the WAC basketball tournament. Jackson told me "there are a lot of unappropriate things in Vegas." Indeed. The city gave up its family friendly campaign and fell back on the common understanding that "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." At least they acknowledge the den of iniquity that is Vegas.

The boys kept telling me that they wanted to play Mario, but I kept stalling them. It is such a beautiful day, I wanted them out in the sunshine breathing air and moving their muscles. They played in the sand box while I picked weeds. Then they blew bubbles. Then they wanted to see if the bubbles would float on the surface of the pool. Then they dipped their toes in the water. Then...


I suppose it was inevitable, once they dipped their toes. Just as wading at the beach became "wading" at the beach. Where there is water play, there are soaking wet kids.
They sunned themselves to get warm and dry. In case you are wondering, yes. I was giggling myself silly.
I gave them a fizzy refreshment under the palms.
 I L-O-V-E Arizona.
Jackson claims to be imitating his brother here, but somehow I get the impression that the fist/chest pounding may be a Jackson original.

I love noisy boys.

But I'm ready for a play date with Elizabeth.

No comments: