Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fine Young Capitalist

We had a successful garage sale this weekend, ridding ourselves of a bunch of useless junk while raking in piles of cash. Well, maybe not piles, but "We are rich!" according to the small boy.

He was really working those baby blues of his to make a sale. Each time a car drove up, he jumped up excitedly and said, "We have a customer!" He held out the particular item he wanted to sell and asked each customer if they saw anything they liked, he negotiated, and wished them each a nice weekend.

When we counted our dollars from the first day, Nicco said we could sell his toys so we can be more rich. (If we had Cameron and his electric guitar, I'm sure we'd be living on a secluded island by now, having arrived in our private jet.) I asked him what we should do with all our money and he answered like a true fiscal conservative, long term planner: "Put it in our banks." Good boy!

5 comments:

Danae said...

hurray for a successful garage sale! I am sure I will find more stuff to purge when Matt gets this job and I get a new house! I am still hoping the stuff on craigslist will sell! I had to repost. Darn it.

Mom and Dad said...

Did you manage to sell the free white furniture you brought from Littleton that we see in the photos? You've raised the boy well! Just hope he keeps those attitudes when he has money of his own to spend at Target!

Tam said...

We may have sold the loveseat. There is a couple who may come back (I'm not counting those chickens yet...) if they can come up with cash for it. We'll put stuff back on craigslist again like Danae, and there is a big community-wide garage sale the day before we leave so we might just spend one more morning melting in the sun to get rid of our stuff. I was really pleased, considering that most of the stuff we sold was free stuff that Patrice has collected from a variety of bosses. Free money!

Alayne said...

What a cute boy...and super smart too!!!

Tam said...

Thanks Alayne, I just hope he isn't smart enough to sell us into poverty in his efforts to become more rich!