Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Change in the Air (and Water)

The first official day of fall isn't until September 23, but there are hints of yellow on the tops of my oranges, day temperatures have dropped by about 10 degrees in the past week and the nights are much cooler. The pool loses a lot of heat in the cool nights and it takes a long time to recover when we don't hit 90 until 10 or 11 o'clock. Nicco and I went swimming in the 80 degree water this afternoon...that would be warm enough for a bath back in Colorado, but here in Tucson it's down-right chilly. I covered the pool today. I'm sure we can extend its usage for the next 2 weeks before our vacation, but I'm not so optimistic about swimming when we return. We'll see! I wish I could remember when we quit swimming last year. I know we went well into September, but I don't know how far into October we got.

There was a definite change in the air and Nicco insists that it is now officially fall. The days are shorter and the nights are longer, after all.

No comments: