Nicco loved following the map. He located each habitat on the map and made sure we were looking at the right animal.
He loved the tiger. We went back to visit him a couple of times. He was pacing and even growling, so that was cool.
There were really cool little statues all around the zoo grounds.
They have giraffe feedings at 10:00 and 2:00 every day. I didn't mention this to Nicco, because I didn't want him to be disappointed if he didn't get to do it. It is spring break here, and when I saw the group of kids wanting to feed the giraffes, I decided to just skip it.
This zoo is quite a bit smaller than Denver's zoo, but it is really neat. It was a little surprising how close you were to the animals.
Checking out the zebras.
And the rhino
He chased after these little ducks and wanted to pet them. I told him that's probably not a good idea. I guess he was not scarred for life by his prior goose and emu attacks.
This polar bear refused to jump in and swim, in spite of Nicco's pointing and scolding.
These birds were so loud, it was a little painful on the ears.
Nicco said "Even when I close my eyes, the noise doesn't go away!"
Here are some of the cool animal statues in the park part of the zoo.
Skipping along the path on our way out.
I feel bad that we missed our friends, but we had a good time. I like watching my little monkey.
3 comments:
What a nice day at the zoo on Friday the 25th. It looks like a very nice zoo and a great way to spend some time with a little monkey. All we did was get our hair cut.
All I got to do was go grocery shopping, even a hair cut is more fun than that!
I avoided grocery shopping and getting a hair cut, both of which are on my to do list, and went to the zoo instead.
Post a Comment