We watched and waited all day as the clouds built up slowly. Around 4:30, they stopped building and started rolling. I love that. I've had my windows open all day letting the breeze and fresh air in--it's the first time I've been able to open my windows since about May. When the storm hit, I forgot about my open bedroom window and now I have a soaked floor and wet wall. I also have a puddle in my breakfast nook.
Here are my roof waterfalls and street waves. I'm disappointed that the camera didn't quite capture the waves rolling across the street. Now that the thunder and lightning have stopped, I kind of want to take Nicco out to splash in the puddles!
UPDATE:
After the thunder and lightning stopped, we had two brilliant rainbows, "one in the mountain and one coming right out of the top!" After the second rainbow faded with the setting sun, the clouds rolled back in and the thunder cracked, and the skies emptied again. I never took Nicco outside to play in the puddles, so he played in the house puddle instead. The bad thing about the storm is that the pool temperature dropped to 74 degrees. {{Brrrrrr}}
No comments:
Post a Comment