A.K.A. All you ever wanted to know about my house, and more. This is mostly for our parents so they can have a better picture of where we live. It is also for Diana, who said she wanted to see more pictures. Remember, you asked for it.

This is the view out our front door. A nice clean path with a cute little bench at the end. I doubt anyone will ever sit on that bench, besides our satellite guy. It looks like a match to one in the back.

I love this decorative quail and prickly pear! Many homes have similar desert themed iron decorations on outer walls. I like it. And lucky me, my house happens to have my favorite desert critter!

When you walk into the house, to the left you see our dining room and the back side of the built-in shelves that separate the dining and living rooms. Our table takes up almost the entire space. I guess that is appropriate.

This chandelier, while charming, is not really practical. Yes, those are candles. Actual candles. You know, the kind that have to be lit with a match. Perhaps it would have made sense centuries ago, or at the latest before electricity was invented. Not so much these days. Unless you are an environmentalist wacko who thinks we really should revert to the olden days. Then again, the air conditioning and fans running constantly probably cancels out the single non-electric lighting feature in the house.

The kitchen office. It is a little crowded, but a nice space for me to put the laptop to work while Nicco plays in the living room. Nicco also likes it because it is just his size. A perfect place for him to eat his snacks.

The kitchen. I like the tile floors. I also like the ice/water dispenser in the fridge. Maybe we should have left our fridge home after all so we could purchase a new one with water and ice for our next house! (Or not.)

The breakfast nook. My hammock on the patio. Aaaahhhh...

The living room. I like the gas fireplace. I also like the ceiling fan. I do not care so much for the lack of overhead lighting. It makes all my assorted table lamps necessary. Also, since this is a rental, we can't drill holes or pull things up to hide all the wires for the surround sound system. We left a lot of our stuff in boxes to minimize the packing when we buy a house in 6 months, keeping only the necessary items out for the term of this lease. Surround sound was on the list of necessary items. Guess whose list?

The other side of the built-in bookshelves. Full of books. Guess whose list of necessary items included 6 shelves of books? I also really like the cabinets under the shelves. We got rid of Nicco's rickety toy/bookshelves from before, so these are great toy storage for him.

Nicco/guest bathroom. I like having double sinks in both bathrooms.

I DON'T like having carpet by the potty! Not that we pee on the floor, but you know, pee gets on the floor! GROSS!!! There is a can of spot shot handy.

Nicco's room. The Lightning McQueen bedset was a puh-rise from Daddy when we arrived in Tucson all together. The little man occasionally drags it off his bed and makes a nest somewhere else.

The guest room. Currently, the miscellaneous furniture and empty box catch-all. It is a good thing no one is coming to visit soon! Actually, somebody come visit soon! Then I will be forced to organize this space...

The master bedroom. (complete with airplanes on the floor. FYI, the laundry in the basket all belongs to Patrice. I am afraid to go through it because it was on the floor near the bathroom. Explanation to follow.) My favorite thing about this is the patio access. Oh, and the large closet. Oh, and the "reading room" that we made into our office.

I like the arch over the bathroom entrance.

I love the shower! Cool little bench!

So, the double sinks are great. The shower is really cool. The second towel rack is here...tucked in a corner by the toilet. Veeerrry convenient. I am officially SCARED of this toilet closet. A HUGE HAIRY SPIDER was in the house the other day. Patrice squished him and flushed him down this toilet. The next morning, I saw the same (or similar) hairy beast crawling and struggling against the whirlpool of the flushing water. It was under my bum the whole time! Every time I go near that toilet, I slowly and carefully scan the surrounding space for evidence of the Spider Who Cannot be Killed. (Hence my fear of laundry that has spent more than 2 seconds on the floor, especially near The Bathroom.)

The office.

The iron quail family is a really cute decorative element. Bleached bones of dead animals, not my favorite.

Citrus trees! I am not sure what kind of citrus this is, could be an orange. We have another one that looks like grapefruit. Mmmmm...fresh grapefruit and orange juice!

Outdoor fireplace and fountain. Awesome! Sadly, fountains attract hordes of bees, apparently. Also, this one doesn't work.
And that is my house. For now.
6 comments:
I like that house! Fresh citrus fruit from your yard, awesome. We had carpet in our H.Ranch bathrooms, lameness. Especially with boys. If it makes you feel better, I found a spider crawling around in the downstairs toilet, like it lived there. Considering how much that toilet gets used it probably did live there. Did. But, now I'm worried about a kid getting his or her bum bitten. We should all do a "This is my house" post.
Tag, you're it! Even though I am pretty familiar with your house, it will still be fun to see it from your eyes, highlighting all the special features you like and dislike.
I want to see your house Di! I am not familiar with it, I just have an imaginary picture in my brain. Considering the state of my house at the moment I am too embaressed (I think I might have spelled that wrong but I am too tired to care all you grammar policing people) so somebody else has to go. Tam I like that house a lot I like the tile floors and the built in shelves. Apparently your boys don't know it is against "the law" to pee on the floor. Unfortunately neither do mine, yuck!
I like that house too. It has some neat details. I think it would be a fun thing to look at everyone's house pictures. I will have to take photos and then figure out how to post them all in a row.
And, duh! Who thinks carpet in a bathroom is a good idea? yuck-o!
I like Tam's new house and all the other "old" houses because I like that my daughters and their families all live in nice safe homes in nice safe neighborhooods instead of under a bridge somewhere with "bum biting trolls" under them. Danae will explain that phrase in quotes! This quote will say it is from Danae, but it s not. It is from Mom.
Also, we would love to come visit sometime soon,to inspire the organization of th guest room/storage place, but it will not be in the next several weeks. Your Dad will be done driving long distances if and when we ever get home to Bailey. Again, this is Mom, not Danae!
Post a Comment