I had visitors this morning:
One of the ladies from church came by for a visit and before even saying hello, she said "I will wait right here and keep an eye on your rattlesnake while you call the fire department to come get it." What the what??!!??? She said he was curled up in the corner by the front door and got a defensive stance before slithering into the bush. I have to say, I am glad SHE found it, not me or Nicco. Still, GRRR! She said that in all her years in Tucson, she has never been this close to a rattlesnake. Nice. In my yard. I've lived here what, 12 days?
The firemen totally teased me about being skittish. I guess when you work in steel toed leather boots, snakes aren't much of a threat. I'm going to Target later, if I can work up the courage to walk out my front door. I wonder if they carry steel toed leather boots?
2 comments:
Yoiks!
Snakes and all the place looks great. Hope all is well and you are settling in. It sounds like you guys are enjoying the new chapter.
We miss you hope we do get to see you somewhere in the near future.
Hasta Pronto from paradise.
Bob and Pat
Post a Comment