Thursday, June 12, 2014

May 2-3, 2014

Miscellany
  • My new favorite thing is belting out Bohemian Rhapsody in the car with my small buddy, in the excellent style of Wayne and Garth. Party on.


  • Yesterday when I picked Nicco up from school he told me, "I had a tough break. Literally. I fell flat, FLAT, on my stomach. My digestive system stopped working and I couldn't breathe because my esophagus didn't want to open. And it happened at break."

    I was really proud of him for using "literally" correctly.


  • My child is being stubborn about the school project he put off until the last day. (I know. Wha? Stubborn? Procrastinating???) I told him he can't have lunch or any electronics until the writing part is done. "Do you want me to DIE???" he asked.

    No, child of mine, I want you to do your work. Survival is just a motivational tool, darling heart...


  • I am reading Just So Stories to my Best Beloved and tonight we read about how the leopard got his spots. It mentioned the zebra in the stripy shadows turning from gray to black and white. Nicco said to me, "Like real animals see. Real animals don't really see color, just black and white. Like zebras. And T.V. before 1984."



No comments: