Thursday, June 12, 2014

May 11, 2014

Mother's Day
I was banished to my room behind closed doors to talk to my Mommy while my two boys prepared a top secret Mother's Day surprise for me. When I was allowed out, the Jeep was loaded, but I couldn't tell with what because of the blanket there, hiding the goods.
My child relegated me to the back seat because he's the boss of music. He chose special songs, just for me. Big Gun and Back in Black...Ah, just what a mother wants to hear on her special day. AC/DC. (?) I thought we had a Beethoven channel...
See that view there? What you see is dust. From all the wind. It's hiding the mountains. Which is where we were going. We went anyway, 'cause we're hard core.
The boys kept their eyes peeled for a decent spot to set up...somewhere private and protected from the wind as much as possible, but not too far. We had to get down the hill in time for the afternoon concert! (Beethoven, by the way).

We had a lovely picnic. My guys are just the best. Nicco said we should do this at least once a month.
After lunch he climbed on the rocks until it was time to pack it up and head back down.
He kicked up his feet in the back seat for the return trip.
I tried to take a picture of the off road near nose dive...I really should have hopped out to get the full effect. You just can't tell how steep the rock is from my picture. It's steep.
We got back to the house with just enough time to wash up, change clothes and head out to the Beethoven's 9th symphony concert. It was really great. An amazing performance. I cried, because that's what I do when I hear Ode to Joy. Nicco fell asleep in the middle number. At intermission I teased him a bit for his nap and he said, "I wasn't really sleeping. Just resting my eyes. You don't need your sense of sight to listen to music." True, but the snoring gave him away. (wink)

I could not have asked for a better day, or better boys to have made me eligible to be celebrated on Mother's Day. They're my favorites.

No comments: