Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Some Giggles (Updating as the Storm Progresses)

On the way to school Nicco saw an animal in a desert meadow. He was so excited! He squealed, "That's the first time I've seen a deer in the desert!" After a moment's pause he said, "Or, was it a squirrel?"

You know that show My Strange Addiction? My cat could be on it. She eats toilet paper. She doesn't scratch at it and pull it down off the roll for fun, she gently pulls a tiny piece off at a time and nibbles, chews and swallows. Weirdo.

It's cowboy week in Tucson. No school Thursday and Friday. We don't honor two of our greatest Presidents here. Not when the rodeo's in town! Nicco wanted to dress up like a cowboy. We don't really have any authentic type cowboy clothes, so we did our best. He's wearing jeans and a checkered shirt, but he refused the bandanna I found for him. He did want a cowboy hat, of which I have several, but he insisted on his straw fedora, explaining that it is "an exact replica" of a cowboy hat. Okay. (giggle)
YEE-HAW!!

Patrice's phone started beeping and squeaking and squawking last night, issuing an urgent warning of a severe winter storm in our area. It said something was coming within the hour. Nothing happened. He reported that on the way to and from the gym this morning the news repeated that warning over and over. On my ride home they said that schools in Bisbee are closed in anticipation of the blizzard. I'm curious to see how severe this winter storm will be.
Those are some menacing clouds hovering over the mountains. I guess we'll see!

Winter Storm Update:
Some precipitation, and the mountains have disappeared!

Update: Fat, heavy, wet flakes.


2 comments:

Danae said...

Sounds like NC. We close school in anticipation and then have 2 or 3 hour delays days later just to be sure.

Tam said...

Nicco just wants to build a snowman. That is all. I think I will help him attempt it...even if it is just 6" tall.