Two years ago, almost to the day, Dan came down from Denver to join Patrice on a 5-day motorcycle ride through Arizona and Southern Utah. Neither Patrice nor Dan had a bike that was made for a long ride like that, so they rented a couple of touring bikes.
| 2010 |
The Big Ride was one of the greatest experiences in both their young lives and they swore that one day they would own bikes like the ones they borrowed for the first trip and then do it again. As it happens, "One Day" is today.
| 2012 |
They turned their wheels just so, in order for me to get the 21s in the picture. I know that is something awesome in guy/motorcycle speak, so I hope I got what they wanted.
Then while they were moving vehicles around to their proper parking spots for the week the bikes were parked nose to nose. I think I was supposed to take another picture of them. I actually thought I took a picture when Dan turned his bike just so, with the sun gleaming on the chrome. Apparently I missed the shot I thought I had, and this is what I ended up with. Somehow, I think I may be fired as the official Big Ride photographer in the future.
I asked Nicco what he wanted to do for fun while the Daddy is gone. He slumped his little shoulders, hung his little head, and said, "Nothing is fun without him."
No comments:
Post a Comment