A while back I got inspired by my sisters losing insane amounts of weight and becoming speedy little speedsters and started running again. I ran 3-5 times a week (a sort of non-committal commitment) and ran a 5k in April. Then it got hot here. I love the heat, but not to run in! And I can't get up early enough to beat the heat in Tucson.
So my commitment lagged. I was planning to swim in the summer to keep in condition but the local lap pool is closed this summer for renovations. Brilliant!
My friend recently purchased the nearby Lady of America gym and I figured that joining the gym would be a good way to reshape my shape. On Monday I happened to be at the gym at the same time as another friend, who happens to be super thin. (She's just a year younger than me and her body age is 18, if that tells you anything.) We went on a tour/introduction to the equipment in which we were measured all around (ugh...those numbers have changed dramatically since the last time I had any kind of measurements taken, roughly 20 years ago) and I said to my friend that I've never felt fat in my life until that moment. Her son has recently adopted a line from a movie referring to in-shape bodies as "sculpted marble." I'm a little more like sculpted jello.
It's only been four days so far, but this commitment will be more difficult for me to give up on--I'm visible at the gym.
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
6 comments:
Tam your 'sculpted jello' beats everyone else's ass anytime!
P.S. I echo your sentiment about running in the heat, it sucks!
Have fun "recommitting" :)
Thanks Rach! I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the gym. Being visible is quite a motivator. It will be interesting to see the numbers again in 3 weeks.
I entered my gym's fitness challenge. I did not ever measure this month. I guess I will find out in June. I like the gym. I like the weight machines because I think that will help tighten up my sculpted jell-o. There are also some pretty good classes. I only work 3 days next week then I am off for the rest of May so I can do some exercising! Then I just learned that I will only have 22.5 hours in June so yahoo! More time to work out. I think being visible in the gym is ok since everyone there is exercising. I can't handle my heat either. The humidity makes me feel like I am drowning. Good luck! And aren't we all 'training' for the Bolder Boulder 2013?
Are we? I knew Sheila and Di were...I guess if you're in, I can't be the lone hold out. Regardless, it is good to be made of something firmer than jello.
I will pretend to be training because I am not sure I will be able to escape for the weekend to CO, kind of an expensive race. And I am sure the altitude will kill me. Maybe I should start saving now...
Or, you should abandon your family to train in CO at altitude. Come to think of it, the altitude might kill me too! I'm not NC low, but I'm not Rocky Mountain High either.
Post a Comment