Yesterday afternoon in the scorching Tucson summer heat, Nicco and I went swimming. Because that is what you do in the scorching Tucson summer heat. We jumped in and out, alternating between swimming and playing board games together. Just after a game and just before jumping back in the pool to cool off, Nicco suggested that we bring some drinks to the poolside.
"We could get thirsty. You never know what the future will be, Mom. You just never know."
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
4 comments:
He is right, you just never know.
You never actually know until it happens, but thirst in 100 degrees is predictable!
Oh my gosh! How cute! I wish we had a pool. We used to. Now we go to the YMCA most days. It's too stinkin' hot to do anything else in Tucson right now. Ugh!
I LOVED all your comments on my blog, byw. LOVED! You can speak your mind over there anytime you want, girl! You make a lot of good sense.
The pool was a requirement when we looked for our house. I either needed a community pool or one in the back yard. I was surprised how few communities had pools! Maybe because so many houses do...I love being able to hop in and out rather than planning, packing, and going somewhere else!
And, while I certainly do appreciate your sister's turn the other cheek approach, sometimes I think it is good for Christian soldiers to march to war. We are in a cultural battle now and I'm not one to lay down arms. There is such a thing as righteous indignation.
Post a Comment