This morning was Nicco's Kindergarten Musical Program. The little guys have big, big dreams!
Speaking of dads, Patrice did manage to sneak out of work for the program, surprising and very much pleasing his boy.
Nicco and his teacher. She was a little bleary eyed and red faced. It was more emotional for her than it was for me, although I confess, I had my moments this morning.
Jackson, Nicco, and Elizabeth--Nicco's two best buddies.
They insisted on funny faces.
"It" being getting up and going to school for 180 days.
I'm totally anti-graduation for anything other than high school and college, so the theme here bugs the living daylights out of me. It's a little too toddlers in tiaras for me. Not to mention rewarding a non-accomplishment which then in turn diminishes the actual accomplishment that is graduation. Grr. I was just glad they didn't do a ceremony with pomp and circumstance. A musical program with end-of-year gifts and visiting is appropriate.
That being said,
This is a pretty great picture of my little boy looking a little grown-up.

2 comments:
Cannon said, "why is Nicco all dressed in those funny clothes? " So I told him he graduated from Kindergarten. His response, "that is dumb, who does not finish kindergarten? All that stuff just for kindergarten." Shook his head and walked away. Made me giggle.
My sentiments exactly.
Post a Comment