I got these yesterday. I spent kind of a lot of money on them. See, the thing is, I'm practically 40 and I'm very squishy. Especially in my tummy. I call it my French Belly because I got it in France. I've been battling between my skinny-my-whole-life self and my lazy-my-whole-life self. Skinny wants to conquer Lazy, so I got the shoes. I don't plan to go crazy and join the wackadoodles who put "run a marathon" on their bucket list, I just want to keep the machine running and lose the French Belly. That is all.
My friend Stephanie is the boss of the T-Bird Trot, a 5k that has something to do with Nicco's school. It must be a fundraiser. She saw my new shoes when she came to pick up her kids at their gym class yesterday and told me I should "put those bad boys to use!" and run the race in April. So you see, not only did I spend money on good shoes, someone I know saw them and gave me a challenge, and now both the shoes and challenge are publicly documented. That means commitment.
I do have some goals in mind, but I won't document those until I get a general idea of what my almost-forty-squishy self can do. The shoe store guy told me to start slow. I told him I'm pretty sure that won't be a matter of choice. I want to be realistic. Optimistic and ambitious may (or may not) come later.
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
2 comments:
All of you are stinkers because now I have to do something before my pushing 40, very squishy self becomes actually fat! I am going to participate in a work 90 day fitness transformation challenge so that should help. I am not going to buy new shoes until I have worked out for 30 days. I am aiming for some small goals to motivate myself. The fact that most of my clothes no longer fit and a beach weekend coming up should be motivation enough!
If it weren't for my darn french belly, I might be content to sit on the couch. I'm at a point where I either accept a fat belly, or do something about it. I'm going to do something about it.
Post a Comment