I hustled Nicco out of the house this morning to get to his friend Danielle's house for our play date at the children's museum that is scheduled for Friday, July 29th.
Goodness gracious me. I know I'm getting older, but isn't 39 a little young for the memory to go? I guess it is a good thing I only have one kid's activities to keep track of. I'd probably be a complete basket case if I had to maintain a calendar for more!
Danielle's mom was so kind and didn't even make fun of me at all and insisted that Nicco stay and play with Danielle and her other little friend who was due to arrive a little later. I got home in time to see the pool guy (who brought the wrong replacement part for our filter...awesome.) and I did a couple of returns, (keys that didn't fit, shirts with no sleeves...I don't like shirts with no sleeves for boys) and put gas in the car without towing Nicco around town. Nice for him.
...Nicco cried when I picked him up because he "didn't even get a chance to play!" Which I believe is code for "I had to share Danielle with someone else!"
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
4 comments:
so this is a dumb question- will you be 40 on Monday or only 39? I can't keep track of how old I am, let alone all my sisters!
I was born in 1972, so the big 4-0 will be in 2012. I'll only be 39.
I think it is funny that we lose track of how old we are! They put me down as 34 on a race registration thing and I actually thought "huh, I thought I was only 33." I had to remind Dave just this afternoon that he was turning 36 this year not 37. What's it going to be like when we really are old, or will we just completely stop bothering by then?
I think I will know my age every ten years, if I even continue to bother.
Post a Comment