Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

I celebrated the 10th anniversary of my 29th birthday on Sunday. We invited our swim friends over to play in the pool and BBQ afterwards. We played with the littles in the pool for an hour or so, and when I went inside with Nicco to change into dry clothes, the doorbell was ringing. No one ever comes over, so I was a little surprised. Even more surprised when our friend Chris was there, saying Matt told him to come at 4:00 so if he was wrong, it's Matt's fault. I thought we were just having our swim friends over, but I told Chris to come on in, he's welcome any time. I felt like a jerk and a bad hostess. A few minutes later, Matt and Kengo arrived and my husband informed me that it was a birthday party! Sushi fest! Yay, me!
Nicco and his girls got burgers and home made fries instead.
Can you see all the cameras? Kengo's creations are delicious works of art.
A portion of my birthday dinner...yum! If you're not jealous, you should be!

It was a pleasant surprise, in spite of the surprise. I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday than with family and friends, good food, and good times. It was much better than my actual birthday, which I spent between the couch and hugging the toilet. I even had to cut a conversation with my sister short! Nicco said, "This is probably your worst birthday ever!" He may be right. I don't remember spending a birthday sick on the couch. But considering I was sick in my lovely, comfy home with my two great boys, it could certainly be worse.

No comments: