Yes, it's a little hard to care when you don't have a team in the game. Those Broncos super bowls were awesome, they were when I worked downtown so we would go to pep rallies during lunch, and then went to the parades after they won because they went right past our building. If I can't vote for the Broncos, I will vote for a Manning boy, or the Eagles for the Smiths. This year - I've got nothing.
I don't like voting for anyone anymore, because they are mostly criminals and thugs of some sort, and change teams like I change my underwear. I think the last super bowl the Broncos won was probably the last footbal game of any sort that I watched and cared about. I think I'm going to see if I can dig up some archived footage of The Drive and The Fumble and highlight reels from '97 and '98. Then I might watch some of Ronald Reagan's speeches.
I remember watching that first super bowl at Nae's apartment in West Valley and right after they won the phone rang and we assumed it was Dad and Tam answered screaming and squeeling and it was some lady. She laughed and said you must be Broncos fans. Dave and I were barely engaged and he was probably either wondering what the heck he was getting into or thinking he chose well, or maybe both. This year I am rooting for the Packers because Ben Rothlisberger is a rapist, the Steelers have won too many recently and because if the Packers win it makes the Eagles look better for losing to the winners, but really, I don't actually care.
I also remember going into Nae's kitchen at half time and whispering...it's half time, and our guys are still winning...but not quite wanting to say anything for fear of jinxing it!
Oh the good old days! I think that the last time I cared too. It is way easier to watch a game that you don't care about but not so fun. Elway was awesome. I am going to watch those clips to remember! That first Super Bowl win was so much fun. I was way pregnant with Sully hoping the excitement would send me into early labor!
I watched those videos and I know this is dumb, but I almost got teary! So fun! That was the last time I knew whose name went with what number on the jersey and I could remember them this morning when I watched! :)
8 comments:
Yes, it's a little hard to care when you don't have a team in the game. Those Broncos super bowls were awesome, they were when I worked downtown so we would go to pep rallies during lunch, and then went to the parades after they won because they went right past our building. If I can't vote for the Broncos, I will vote for a Manning boy, or the Eagles for the Smiths. This year - I've got nothing.
I don't like voting for anyone anymore, because they are mostly criminals and thugs of some sort, and change teams like I change my underwear. I think the last super bowl the Broncos won was probably the last footbal game of any sort that I watched and cared about. I think I'm going to see if I can dig up some archived footage of The Drive and The Fumble and highlight reels from '97 and '98. Then I might watch some of Ronald Reagan's speeches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypo-WhahYo
Ahh, The Drive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja69mTbL388&feature=related
And, Johnny's helicopter leap...has anyone EVER wanted to win a super bowl more than Elway did that year? I don't think so.
I remember watching that first super bowl at Nae's apartment in West Valley and right after they won the phone rang and we assumed it was Dad and Tam answered screaming and squeeling and it was some lady. She laughed and said you must be Broncos fans. Dave and I were barely engaged and he was probably either wondering what the heck he was getting into or thinking he chose well, or maybe both. This year I am rooting for the Packers because Ben Rothlisberger is a rapist, the Steelers have won too many recently and because if the Packers win it makes the Eagles look better for losing to the winners, but really, I don't actually care.
I also remember going into Nae's kitchen at half time and whispering...it's half time, and our guys are still winning...but not quite wanting to say anything for fear of jinxing it!
Oh the good old days! I think that the last time I cared too. It is way easier to watch a game that you don't care about but not so fun. Elway was awesome. I am going to watch those clips to remember! That first Super Bowl win was so much fun. I was way pregnant with Sully hoping the excitement would send me into early labor!
I watched those videos and I know this is dumb, but I almost got teary! So fun! That was the last time I knew whose name went with what number on the jersey and I could remember them this morning when I watched! :)
Post a Comment