Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weather Update

At 8:00 this morning when Nicco was still not out of bed, I went to his room to gently nudge him. I didn't want him to miss the snow, and knowing that it would likely be gone by lunch time (who's laughing now, suckers!) I whispered in his ear "I want to show you something." He sat up and I opened the blind on his window. He squealed "SNOW!!" and jumped up, put on shoes and socks and a jacket, and we hustled on outside.
"I guess it does snow in Tucson," he said. "Like Littleton a long, long, time ago. It could be Christmas, you know."
"I can make a snowball and we can have a snowball fight. How do you make snowballs again?"
The greatest accumulation of snow was on the hammock. Nicco didn't quite know what to do with all that snow...where to start!
He threw a couple of snowballs and made a handprint.
His hands got cold, so he attempted throwing snowballs with his hands in his pockets. "That didn't work so well," he observed. 

After about 5 minutes in the white stuff, Nicco was ready to go inside for some hot cocoa. I turned up the heat and we snuggled up in blankies.

And sure enough, by lunch time, all that remained of our "storm" was a dusting on the mountaintop.

And it is supposed to be 85 next weekend.

So there.

No comments: