I realize that by writing this post I am opening myself to edits from the grammar police.
I also realize that everyone makes mistakes when they write e-mails, notes to self and others, memos, lists, letters...virtually any form of writing can be butchered on any given day by any given person, including (gasp) me.
That's like a "preschool wreck" or something. I usually hold higher standards for teachers because they are, you know, teaching. Unfortunately, I see lots of things that I KNOW aren't just little errors. Like the misuse of sale and sell. Hopefully I don't have any errors in this comment . . .
When Danae was in second grade (maybe third?) a spelling word was "raspberry" spelled by the teacher, "rasberry." I convinced Danae that the spelling with "P" was truly correct and told her to very secretly tell the teacher the correct spelling. She did and the teacher was both surprised that "rasberry" has a "p" and appreciative to learn the correct spelling. I'm not suggesting....
3 comments:
That's like a "preschool wreck" or something. I usually hold higher standards for teachers because they are, you know, teaching. Unfortunately, I see lots of things that I KNOW aren't just little errors. Like the misuse of sale and sell. Hopefully I don't have any errors in this comment . . .
Because you KNOW I'm grading you, right?
When Danae was in second grade (maybe third?) a spelling word was "raspberry" spelled by the teacher, "rasberry." I convinced Danae that the spelling with "P" was truly correct and told her to very secretly tell the teacher the correct spelling. She did and the teacher was both surprised that "rasberry" has a "p" and appreciative to learn the correct spelling. I'm not suggesting....
Post a Comment