Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Independence Day

Apparently, today is the day that Nicco feels independent and big enough to stay home alone. He wet his bed this morning (only his second bed-time accidentl) and he took his wet jammies off by himself and told us it was "just an accident, no big deal. I will just get some fresh jammies." Then he told me he didn't want to go to school today. I told him it is not a choice. He said he wanted to stay home and snuggle daddy and when I told him that daddy had to go to work too, he said "Okay mom, you go to school, daddy can go to work and I can stay here by myself." I asked what he would do by himself and he answered "Watch Sponge." Et voila. There you have it. He did go to school after all.

2 comments:

Danae said...

Cannon and Nicco could stay home alone together! Cannon would play Wii all day.

Sheila said...

Audrey is a little closer to being allowed such independence and trying desperately to convince me she is already there, would gladly stay home and watch those two boys.