Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fruits of Our Labors


If anybody wonders what roughly 100 pints of grape jelly looks like, here it is! And if anybody wonders what you will be getting for Christmas this year, here it is! This is the fruit of my labor this year. I was pretty pleased with myself last year when I canned 35 pints of jelly from my little backyard vine. I never really imagined that we could nearly triple that! I spent a day picking grapes, a long day cleaning them, (thank goodness I had help, albeit from a 3-year-old.) and it would have been just a day canning except that I ran out of sugar so I had to add a second trip to Bailey to complete the project.

2 comments:

Di said...

All of those jars of jelly look beautiful. I better get one!

Tam said...

You will...my counter is also my storage area. :)I don't have room for all those jars of jelly, so I will be sharing!