Saturday, December 14, 2013

Piano Recital

Nicco's been taking piano lessons since school started. He likes it. His teacher is fantastic. A couple weeks ago she informed us of the upcoming winter recital. When he sat down to practice the day following the announcement, he neglected to play his recital songs. I said, "What about Jingle Bells and Jolly Old Saint Nicholas?" "Oh," he said, "Those are my recital songs, not my practice songs. I don't need to worry about them." We defined the word "recital" and he decided to go ahead and practice those songs.

Today was the big day. I asked him this morning if he wanted to play each song a couple times before we went to the performance. "Nah, I'm good," he said.

With the Daddy, prior to the performance.
Also prior to the arrival of most of the performers.


Introducing himself and his songs.

Finished!

Mr. Serious and Mrs. Marcy
Good job my buddy!

No comments: