I'm running out of things to say about this place. They did rearrange things a bit, and had a step ladder next to this plane so that you could get up close and look inside the cockpit, which was new and cool for Nicco. They also added some vending machines placed sporadically throughout the museum, inside and outside. They also added a restaurant, which I think is a great idea. If you do both the museum and the base tour, you can be there for quite a while. Last time with Mom and Dad, we survived on cheese and crackers, m&ms and coke.
In the control tower...the airplane that you could climb into was no longer there. Nicco liked to be in the control tower and "talk" to the pilot in the other plane. He was pretty disappointed that the plane wasn't there. I was not.
Nicco's favorite aiplane
Papi, Mamie, and Patrice in the outside part of the museum.
Playing peek-a-boo with Papa
And this is how you do the limbo...you just duck under the stick.
Flight simulator
Digging in the dirt on Mars.
It is always impressive to see all the military planes in one spot like that. Being near the base we also get treated to flyovers sometimes when we visit. I wish that my in-laws would have been able to see the boneyard, but I'm not sure I care enough to go back to try again. Besides, it's going to be cold for the next few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment