Nicco complained about the food, (the "dip" was not nice for him, i.e. too spicy) and he complained about the games, ("I'm not doing great!" he said in utter dismay when none of the rings he threw simultaneously at the pumpkin ring toss actually landed on the stem.) He complained about being cold, he complained about waiting to get candy, he complained about being tired. After we visited all the quite creatively decorated trunks in the parking lot and finally got into the car to go home, Nicco said "That was the best Halloween party ever! Thanks for takin' me, mom."
Our third halloween experience was on Halloween day. Nicco went trick or treating between his dad on one couch and I on the other. He rang an imaginary doorbell, accepted whatever "treat" we put into his pumpkin bucket (socks, pencil sharpeners, blocks, toy cars from his collection) then dumped them out on the floor to check out his haul. Then he put it all back in the bucket and went "out" for another round. We didn't have any trick-or-treaters, probably because our neighborhood is an older demographic, not a lot of kids. I was glad because Nicco was so content to trick or treat in the living room, I didn't really want him to realize he could be wandering through the neighborhood ringing actual doorbells for actual candy. I was also content watching him trick or treat from my perch on the couch.
At the end of the day, our Halloween was spooktacular! (In the sense that I didn't have to do much, not in the actual spooky sense.)
No comments:
Post a Comment