I have been thinking about writing about how Nicco references the past for a while now. I know (from experience...I have 11 nieces and nephews and a few hundred young students after 9 years of teaching preschool) that little kids have many cute and adorable ways (also many NOT cute and NOT adorable ways) of expressing themselves. So, here are a few "Nicco-isms" that I think are cute and adorable.
*Yesterday when I was little, remember? (as in "I saw that episode of SpongeBob yesterday when I was little, remember?" Also, when looking at pictures of himself as a baby "I slept in my crib yesterday when I was little, remember?")
*I grow talled (as opposed to I growed tall, or I grew tall) (He stood on tiptoe to pee in a slightly taller toilet than he is accustomed to, therefore needed to "grow tall.")
*I turn them offed (a pattern...he puts the past tense -ed ending at the end of the sentence, not at the end of the verb. I know. No wonder he corrected my grammar the other day.) (He "turn offed" his tears so he could join us in the family room again.)
*The end is pretty. (This isn't really about the past, just a cute saying of his that I like. He likes sunsets. At dusk he will say "the sun is going down. It is almost the end. The end is pretty.")
I love all little kid-isms. Please feel free to share yours.
(P.S. I will feel sad and rejected if nobody shares their kids' cute and adorable sayings after I invited you to do so. Validate me. Comment on my blog. I command you.)
P.P.S. PLEASE?
Peace will find a way
7 years ago
4 comments:
I would love to validate you by commenting on your blog. I can't, at the moment think of anything cute and adorable my kids say/have said right now. All I can think of is them saying stuff like "What the crap!!!" Neither cute, nor adorable. Oh wait! This might work. When Duncan was little he pronounced his "s" sound with an "h" sound. When he was excited, he would say "I am ho enhited!" Sometimes, when we are excited about something I want to say "I am ho enhited!" But, they wouldn't know what I am talking about and would just think I'm weird so I don't say it.
insoming = the act of not being able to sleep at night.
We still refer to Super Target as Huper target in remembrance and honor of Duncan.
When my brother was much younger he couldn't say his "S"'s either and so when he read the story about a snake it was all tammy nake.
My sister had heard someone say yum yum about something that tasted good and so they candy became ung gung her which was her way of repeating the sentiment.
Nothing spectacular but an attempt on my part to obey your command that I contribute something since I enjoy reading your blog. Little kids are great and your descriptions of Nicco's adventures and expressions are an interesting read. Keep it coming and it is nice to see that you seem to be happy about life.
Cannon used to say things are nug when it is gone/empty. So we still say things are nug. When Declan was little and the people at WIC were worried about his size he had to drink pediasure 3 times a day. We would shake it up before he drank it.Then we started singing shake it up baby when we shook it so he called it baby. MAdsen called Sully his Hully guy when they were little.
More later, Waves is screaming and needs to eat from my "magic arms" That is what Cannon calls them.
Post a Comment