Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Library

This post is just for me. It will be boring snoring for anyone who doesn't care about books in general, my books specifically. I put up pictures to liven it up a bit, but again, this is just for me.

I had so much fun making my stacks of books! They were all stored in Nicco's closet until just the other day, so whenever I went up and came back down with an armful of books, Nicco did the same. He has just about as many books as I do.
I moved different books to different stacks as I tried to decide how to organize them. Patrice asked if I was going to organize by size at one point. No no no! That would never suit my needs!
So far, on the top two left hand shelves I have my adolescent literature and my non-favorites. Books I don't necessarily need easy access to, or they aren't especially display books. On the top right I have reference books. On the left again, I have pretty books...Shakespeare, Monet's Garden, Mini Masterpieces, things like that. The next two shelves will eventually have to be my Pulitzer books, I may even need another shelf for those. Then I have my series...Harry Potter, Unfortunate Events, The Dark is Rising, and The Lord of the Rings. I will need to move those because two of the HP books are paperback, and I have not yet bought #7 and five of my Unfortunate Events are missing. I am pretty sure I know where they are, and also pretty sure I will just replace them. On the right hand side, I have my all time favorites and classics. That section already needs to be reorganized. Yay! Organizing and reorganizing! The middle section has more pretty books...gilt edged leather bound, and otherwise beautiful books. This will be a continuously fun thing for me to have! Yay again! Merry Christmas to me!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

How fun for you! I have one puny bookshelf that now has stacks of books around it because I have run out of room. When I suggest that I need another shelf, Dave suggests I stop buying books. Phffft!

Oackgori-A creature from the Lord of the Rings series found on the left hand bottom portion of Tam's awesome bookshelf!

Doug Cheever said...

Glad to see someone who is enjoying their Christmas present with such enthusiasm. Books indeed are special and deserve a special display place. I keep running out of room on my shelves and now I am running out of room to put new bookshelves. I suppose that means I need to buy new books only on a replacement basis. For every new book I buy I will have to get rid of an old one. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Danae said...

Are most of your books pretty displayable books? I worry that too many of mine are just paper backs and not pretty enough to display on a neat shelf in my living room. Good thing I do not have neat shelves (or a place for them ) in my living room! My next house will have a library!

lychemme: the study of personal libraries

Tam said...

Most books are beautiful books, especially if they are displayed with lots of books! I have mostly paper backs, but plenty of hardbacks to fill up my "pretty books" shelf. Think about walking into Barnes&Noble or the Tattered Cover...most of the books are paper back, but still so stimulating and pretty to look at!

Untyp: what you do when you make a mistake typing. (Why did I have a secret word on my own page?)